Sunday, May 28, 2006

Lusting After, Lying After

CheeringMan: We can make it.

PressingDent: Sure?

CheeringMan: More than sure. It's a done deal.

PressingDent: No leaks?

CheeringMan: We've flushed out the disloyalists. Including next-door.

PressingDent: Won't that dent me, I mean char us, even hurt our case?

CheeringMan: Since when? Done deal, I say.

PressingDent: Just be sure o.

CheeringMan: Okay, we'll send the dogs....

PressingDent: No, not yet! That will send tails, I mean tongues, wagging.

CheeringMan: Fine, we'll use loud-mouth and see-no-wrong.

PressingDent: Are we covered?

CheeringMan: Armoured and Air, sir! Full cover plus all-round decoy.

PressingDent: Trace-proof?

CheeringMan: Absolutely. Just increase the junkets, no matter what.

PressingDent: My image o! My status o! My story o!

CheeringMan: Haba, lef matter for mathias, sir!

PressingDent: Great. I'm glad you know why you're on board. Great.

CheeringMan: That file, sir...

PressingDent: Don't even say a word. It's approved....with nice extra!

CheeringMan: 'ttion!

PressingDent: Old Soldier never die. You know we're now chiefs, ba!!

CheeringMan: Yes o, kabiyesi...

PressingDent: Please go, before dem close - I mean, cowries and beads.

CheeringMan: Hmmm, what a code. Old Signals never die! Bless you, sir.

WEEK of SIXTEEN Stabs & One FORTYFOUR Stars

CheeringMan: We failed, sir.

PressingDent: YOU failed.

CheeringMan: I mean the PARTY failed. It was some....

PressingDent: Just call the crowd, I won't be dented.

CheeringMan: Isn't it premature, sir? Let tempers cool a bit before...

PressingDent: My junkets, as you put it, are still piling up, I must clear this mess. Fast.

CheeringMan: You sound upset, sir. We tried. Maybe we should have tried the 'plotters'...

PressingDent: That was a stupid plot. It was too reminiscent of....

CheeringMan: Everything was the same, sir. The script, the tenor, and the loud silence, sir.

PressingDent: I'm a democrat!

CheeringMan: The worst of it was the tapes.

PressingDent: Which tapes?

CheeringMan: The confiscated ones, sir.

PressingDent: That dented my image, I mean our human rights, I mean press freedom image...

CheeringMan: Sir, it's part of the failure, sir...

PressingDent: YOU failed, period!

CheeringMan: We all failed, sir. Starting with the script, the faces....

PressingDent: Which faces? What bloody faces?

CheeringMan: The ones that drafted the scheme, drafted the speeches, drafted the youths and not-so-young....then cried and tried to draft the 'evil one' - that's using your post-prison term, sir! That was the beginning of wisdom, and the commando need for action, sir. And the cover-less camouflage, sir - which some stupidly thought was a cover up. Those idiots in the media - not more than ten, or so.

PressingDent: Now you know the truth: They weren't ten, were they?

CheeringMan: Not really, but the media started the whole opposition, didn't they!

PressingDent: You're asking me that stupid question? After all you've done or not done? How can I read the media or listen to their idiotic, negative coverage and shallow reports? Besides, I have a full international plate to deal with. Just too much for one man. And they don't care, don't understand or even appreciate!

CheeringMan: I also don't read or listen to them.

PressingDent: Whaaaat!! You say whaaat??

CheeringMan: Yes o! It just builds up one's blood pressure. They are evil!!

PressingDent: I see. What a waste.

CheeringMan: Sir?

PressingDent: Total waste.

CheeringMan: By the dent, sir?

PressingDent: Bad shame.

CheeringMan: You mean by pressing too far, sir?

PressingDent: All the cheers, in vain.

CheeringMan: But we are in power, sir. And I can...

PressingDent: Please, summon the meeting. I must stop the coming jeers!

CheeringMan: Yes, sir. I understand.

PressingDent: Maybe. Maybe not. Call my ADC.

CheeringMan: Yes, sir.

No comments: